Here are the reasons behind avoiding the meal of junk food and ways to stop eating
Over the past few decades, the junk food has gain popularity especially in the teenagers and youngsters. You’ll never find any place where junk food isn’t served and so eating Junk food isn’t rare anymore!!
But do you know the reason it is called JUNK? Cause it means that pre-prepared or packaged food that has low nutritional value.
Eating junk food on a regular basis can lead to an increased risk of obesity and chronic diseases like cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and some cancers.
Four reasons why you should avoid it
1. Of course it saves time, it is delicious in taste, etc. But it’s the major reason of depression. A paper from Manchester Metropolitan’s Bioscience Research Centre found that eating a diet containing foods which are known to promote inflammation – such as those high in cholesterol, saturated fats and carbohydrates – makes you around 40% more likely to develop depression.
It takes a major role in handling your mental health.
2. It causes memory and digestion problems.A poor or toxic diet can cause certain chemical reactions that lead to inflammation in the hippocampus area of the brain which is associated with memory and special recognition. It is high in kilojoules, saturated fat, added sugar and/or added salt which causes problems in breathing.
3. It contains more than dozen calories. It is the only reason why people complain about their immediate weight gain. It is produced with the most cheap ingridients. Baked potato chips and tortilla chips tend to be lower in calories and fat than fried chips, although they may still contain high sodium levels.As Junk food contains low nutrients and vitamins, people who eat it at regular intervals feel tired, stressed, and easily crash on bed just because it doesn’t have the necessary nutritions to fulfill the demand of the body.
4. Overeating Pizzas and burgers increases the chances of heart related diseases. It has high cholesterol , also people prefer adding preservaties and vegetables, which often is uncured. The reason it seems more tastier as it includes more sodium and highly oiled ingredients. However, it is safe to have pizzas at special occasions or if prepared at home.
Eating junk food occasionally has not much side effects but you oughtn’t include it in a regular diet.
Four tips how to avoid it
1. Most often people eat much than their diet, even though they don’t feel hungry especially people suffering mental issues. Cause whenever people feel sad or glad, they used to eat.
Don’t Eat your feelings, write them.
Don’t use food to express your emotions. Whenever you feel something just write it on a paper. Keep a journal.This will reduce the unhealthy meal of junk food.
2. Alternate junk food with healthy food. For example,Replace potato chips with kale chips or Sugar with cinnamon. Or Flavored Oatmeal with Unsweetened Oatmeal. Used low This won’t let you increase your calories and causes of any disease. It’s not an easy deal avoiding junk food completely in the beginning days of your diet plan . So, plan a proper meal and make assure when you’ll have a junk food meal or the best way is to prepared it at home.
Though it may don’t feel good at the beginning, but you’ll get the habit of if you follow this for 29 days straight!
3. Focus on healthy food. Plan a balanced diet food. Whenever you feel like eating, just ask yourself
If you want to eat fruits or vegetables.
and if you don’t, you’re not hungry, or else try to neglect it and stuck in any other activities. Give a shot . It’s moreover essential to have a better sleep.
4. Visit the internet for tips and tools to help you make positive changes to your lifestyle. Talk with your doctor. Exercise. Follow your diet step by step rather than stopping it once. Follow a Balanced diet chart.
In a research of 2006 , students who don’t eat junk food found much brighter and smart than those who does.
5. People usually prefer eating food while watching their favorite Netflix shows or when they feel depressed or something like boredom.That’s the main reason why they’re unable to know how much do they ate at that moment. It’s necessary to prevent this. Make sure you won’t overeat. If you’re depressed try to pay attention to any other thing. Play some music. Read a self help book or spend quality time with your family or friends. Eating while watching television or working—and distracted or hurried eating can prompt you to eat more. Slowing down and savoring your food can help you control your intake.
Instagram – @only.mental_health_
Medium – @bluesky18