Conflicts could be defined as a serious arguments that gives rise to I’ll will situations. Conflicts are one of the common issues which are tend to take place at workplace, relationships, etc.
And very often these conflicts are solvable, but sometimes the issue may become more serious.
Conflicts are inevitable to see, hear and interpret things differently.
Therefore, having the proper knowledge of tackling with this situation will save your time.
Approaches to conflicts
Different people respond differently.
Avoiding means pretending that the conflict don’t exists, these is often counter productive but as well as beneficial too, in the situation ;
• When a certain situation requires time to gather / think about it
• When it is advisable to allow emotions to settle
• When the potential damage of defying outweigh the benefits of resolution
It involves neglecting one’s own concerns in preference of others, it can sometimes prove disastrous, but these is the best option in the following situations
• Realisation of false thoughts by a person
• When a goodwill is to be made
• When preserving relationship is more important than the issue at hand
These approch is adopted by people for whom their perspectives is prior than relationships but it’s advantages are equally important
• When decision making is urgent
• When an unpopular decision has to be announced
• When one has to protect themselves against those who would take advantage of a more cooperation
Collaborating is When both of the parties are satisfied and the conflicts are resolved by both of the parties, it’s not suggestive everytime but still you can’t despite its benefits.
• When both parties concerns are two important to be compromised
• When a long term relationship is vital
These us frequently seeked by the party by self interest. Compromising doesn’t include stubbornness but maturity, Each party forgoes something that it is seeking in order to reach an agreement, it’s best
• When both of the party’s goal are significant but not worth pushing too hard to achieve
• When a quick solution is in demand
• When a temporary settlement is needed
• When two sides are committed to mutually exclusive goal m
IG – @only.mental_health_